SINK YOUR TEETH INTO THESE 10 FUN FACTS
1. The hardest part of your body is the enamel on the top surface on your tooth—stronger even than bone.
2. Your teeth begin forming while you are still in the womb, but do not come through (or erupt) until you are between 6-12 months old.
3. As humans, we use four different types of teeth (incisors, canine, premolars, and molars) to cut, tear and grind our food.
4. Only two thirds of your tooth’s length is visible. The other one third of your tooth is underneath your gums.
5. Your teeth are as unique as your fingerprint: no two people leave the same “bite mark”.
6. If you are the average person, you will spend 38.5 days brushing your teeth over the span of your lifetime.
7. If you’re right handed, you will chew your food on your right side. If you’re left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
8. Should you ever get your tooth knocked out (we hope not!), place it in milk and hold it in your mouth. This action will help your tooth survive while you rush to the dentist.
9. Multiple diseases are linked to oral health, including heart disease, so take care of your teeth.
10. The average woman smiles 62 times a day, while the average man smiles only about eight times a day. Take care of your teeth—and smile more.